29 Jul 2008
The EDM council has recently published a piece of primary research on the executive view of data and its relationship to current operational practices. The report is based on interviews with heads of data management at 20 global financial institutions. The key message is that while data is being seen as a critical player in meeting business, operational and compliance objectives, the majority of organisations are still in a “clean and consolidate” mode, trying to deliver the initial migration of content from their multiple business silos into centralised authoritative source systems.
The report then touches on the executive view of data management, the business view, funding and governance issues and implementation. Key actions to consider are:
- Build your credibility on execution capability within the organisation
- Be transparent to the business with operational metrics and SLA’s
- Get metadata management right
- Federated centralisation of business processes and operating model
- Prove each component of EDM with a ROI
For a full copy of the report click here.