Data Governance Policy Requirements Deliverable Template
From MIKE2.0 Methodology
||This article is a stub. It is currently undergoing major changes as it is in the very early stages of development and is only a placeholder. Please help improve MIKE2.0 by adding to this article.
|This deliverable template is used to describe a sample of the MIKE2.0 Methodology (typically at a task level). More templates are now being added to MIKE2.0 as this has been a frequently requested aspect of the methodology. Contributors are strongly encouraged to assist in this effort.
|Deliverable templates are illustrative as opposed to fully representative. Please help add examples to this template that are representative of the proposed output.
The Data Governance Policy Requirements task states that requirements should be gathered from members of the Data Governance team such as Data Stewards and Data Owners. These requirements should derive from the overall set of business requirements but can also come from technology and industry best practices. Industry standards will also have a major impact on policy requirements. These requirements should be defined to cover the strategic programme and should also be prioritised for implementation
|Data Management Policies
- Data ownership
- Data classification, security and access
- Data retention
- Master data management
- Data quality monitoring and compliance, quality issue management
- Key Data Element (KDE) definition
|Data Governance Program Policies
- Maintenance of data governance framework
- Maintenance of data governance council charter
- Policy, process and standards compliance auditing
- Continuous improvement – Identify and initiate/manage improvements