High Level Business Case Deliverable Template
From MIKE2.0 Methodology
||This article is a stub. It is currently undergoing major changes as it is in the very early stages of development and is only a placeholder. Please help improve MIKE2.0 by adding to this article.
|This deliverable template is used to describe a sample of the MIKE2.0 Methodology (typically at a task level). More templates are now being added to MIKE2.0 as this has been a frequently requested aspect of the methodology. Contributors are strongly encouraged to assist in this effort.
|Deliverable templates are illustrative as opposed to fully representative. Please help add examples to this template that are representative of the proposed output.
The High level Business Case is used to evaluate the business justification for advancing with the project.
This document may exist either as an opportunity assessment OR as a precursor to the Business Case (revised) document http://mike2.openmethodology.org/wiki/Business_Case_Revised_Deliverable_Template
This document may be used as a stage gate deliverable for project board assessment prior to the commitment of any resources.
The High level Business Case will usually have the following sections (depending on availability of information and the depth of opportunity assessment at time of preparation):
- Strategic initiative - outline alignment of project to firm strategic initiative
- Expected benefits - Business benefits (monetary and otherwise) as a result of undertaking the project
- Business impact - impacts to business units / dimensions as a result of the project
- Project plan - Project implementation plan
- Cost - Investment cost necessary for rest of the project (may include personnel resource investment)
- Business Options - Available implementation options, alternatives to proposed implementation plan
- Risks / Assumptions - project risks and / or assumptions made to ensure project delivery