From MIKE2.0 Methodology
||This article is currently Under Construction. It is undergoing major changes as it is in the early stages of development. Users should help contribute to this article to get it to the point where is ready for a Peer Review.
JFreeChart, is a free 100% Java chart library that makes it easy for developers to display professional quality charts in their applications.
Relationship to MIKE2.0
- Used to deliver the BI sub-component
Overall Implementation Guide
Alignment with Strategic Requirements for Infrastructure Development
- A consistent and well-documented API, supporting a wide range of chart types.
- A flexible design that is easy to extend, and targets both server-side and client-side applications.
- Support for many output types, including Swing components, image files (including PNG and JPEG), and vector graphics file formats (including PDF, EPS and SVG).
- Can be used for creating
- Pie charts (2D and 3D)
- Bar charts (regular and stacked, with an optional 3D effect)
- Line and area charts
- Scatter plots and bubble charts
- Time series, high/low/open/close charts and candle stick charts
- Combination charts
- Pareto charts
- Gantt charts
- Wind plots, meter charts and symbol charts
- Wafer map charts
- Open and Free
- Java Based
- Good network of about developers
- Forums available for online help
- Developer Guide which is authored by JFreeChart's creator is not free.
Functonality that users of the MIKE2.0 Methodology would like to see added to this product are as follows:
User Valuation Enhancements
Voting scores from MIKE2.0 Contributors on the value of the asset in the context of the overall methodology
JFreeChart available from product website
Open Source Licensing
Comparable Open Source Products
Reference Implementations through MIKE2.0