From MIKE2.0 Methodology
||This article is currently Under Construction. It is undergoing major changes as it is in the early stages of development. Users should help contribute to this article to get it to the point where is ready for a Peer Review.
JasperReports™, is a powerful open source Java reporting tool that has the ability to deliver rich content onto the screen, to the printer or into PDF, HTML, XLS, CSV and XML files.
Relationship to MIKE2.0
- Used to deliver the BI sub-component
Overall Implementation Guide
BI Design and Implementation Activities of MIKE2.0, which are:
Alignment with Strategic Requirements for Infrastructure Development
- Embeddable Java reporting library.
- Enables embedding in any host application.
- No external reporting server required.
- Plug in Java code.
- Complex Reports
- Sub-reports easily handle highly complex layouts.
- Pixel-perfect page-oriented output for web or print.
- Report output in PDF, XML, HTML, CSV, XLS, RTF, TXT.
- Integrated Charting
- Comprehensive set of chart types.
- Internationalized and Localizable
- Multi-language Unicode and other native encodings.
- Dynamic text localization.
- Localized date, number, and currency formatting.
- High performance report generation.
- No limit to report size.
- Easy to Use
- iReport visual report designer.
- Other Eclipse- and Swing-based designers available.
- Built-in Swing viewer.
- Extensive code examples.
- Standards Based
- Written in Java.
- Report definitions in XML.
- Flexible Data Access
- Multiple data sources of multiple kinds in one report.
- Built-in support for JDBC, EJB, POJO, Hibernate, XML.
- Extensible to any data source.
- Open and Free
- Extensive code examples
- Java Based
Functionality that users of the MIKE2.0 Methodology would like to see added to this product are as follows:
User Valuation Enhancements
Voting scores from MIKE2.0 Contributors on the value of the asset in the context of the overall methodology
JasperReports available from product website
Open Source Licensing
Comparable Open Source Products
Reference Implementations through MIKE2.0