From MIKE2.0 Methodology
||This article is currently Under Construction. It is undergoing major changes as it is in the early stages of development. Users should help contribute to this article to get it to the point where is ready for a Peer Review.
KETL™, is an open source ETL tool from Kinetic Networks. The data integration platform is built with portable, java-based architecture and open, XML-based configuration and job language.
Relationship to MIKE2.0
- Used to deliver the ETL sub-component
Overall Implementation Guide
ETL Design and Implementation Activities of MIKE2.0, which are:
Alignment with Strategic Requirements for Infrastructure Development
- Scalable, platform independent ETL engine–enables complex ETL transformations to be executed in a highly efficient manner. Supports multiple CPU’s and 64-bit servers.
- Job execution and scheduling manager–dependency-driven job execution model supports multiple job types, conditional exception handling, email notification and time-based scheduling. Job types fall into three categories, with support for additional executors via the KETL API.
- SQL–executes pre-defined SQL statement via JDBC
- XML–executes XML defined jobs
- OS–executes an operating system command
- XML job definition language–allows ETL jobs to be easily defined in XML, enabling the use of widely available XML authoring tools and associated support for version control systems.
- Centralized repository–supports multiple KETL instances to leverage job and parameter definitions.
- Performance monitoring–collects historical and active job statistics in the repository, allowing comprehensive analysis of problematic jobs.
- Comprehensive data source support–supports extracting and loading of relational, flat file and XML data sources, via JDBC and proprietary database APIs.
- Scheduling engine–time-based and event-driven job execution
- Pros point 1
- Pros point 2
- Pros point 3
- Pros point 4
- Cons point 1
- Cons point 2
- Cons point 3
- Cons point 4
Functonality that users of the MIKE2.0 Methodology would like to see added to this product are as follows:
User Valuation Enhancements
Voting scores from MIKE2.0 Contributors on the value of the asset in the context of the overall methodology
KETL download available from product website
Open Source Licensing
Comparable Open Source Products
Reference Implementations through MIKE2.0