From MIKE2.0 Methodology
MIKE2.0 is hosted within a comprehensive collaboration environment that allow users to engage in knowledge sharing, content development and skills improvement. The capabilities provided by omCollab include:
- A Wiki to collaboratively create and share content (based on MediaWiki which powers Wikipedia, the world's largest Wiki).
- Blogs to publish individual or group-based information (based on Wordpress, the world's most popular blogging platform).
- Social Bookmarking for storing, sharing and discovering web bookmarks. We have released this as omBookmarks, a fork of the codebase from Scuttle.
- Forums to support discussion groups and frequently asked questions (based on phpBB, the most widely used open source forums solution)
- Search for users to discover content across federated repositories.
- Rich User Interface with advanced navigational components, an integrated skin and single sign on to provide common look and feel across the platform.
There are also a number of extensions to these components, that can be found of the Special:Version page of MIKE2.0.