Recommended High Level Solution Architecture Options Deliverable Template
From MIKE2.0 Methodology
||This article is a stub. It is currently undergoing major changes as it is in the very early stages of development and is only a placeholder. Please help improve MIKE2.0 by adding to this article.
|This deliverable template is used to describe a sample of the MIKE2.0 Methodology (typically at a task level). More templates are now being added to MIKE2.0 as this has been a frequently requested aspect of the methodology. Contributors are strongly encouraged to assist in this effort.
|Deliverable templates are illustrative as opposed to fully representative. Please help add examples to this template that are representative of the proposed output.
High Level Solution Architecture Recommendations need to be at the conceptual level as further detail will come later.
Example of High level recommendations for solution architecture of an Identity management system
Identity Management system High level recommendations in four areas:"
- Build and deploy an “enterprise data warehouse” to consolidate existing but disparate databases
- Acquire and deploy a “virtual directory service for single integration point for applications and systems with eventual reduction of campus LDAP directory
- Use enterprise data warehouse to support event driven user provisioning and de-provisioning
- Assign roles during provisioning
- Use enterprise data warehouse to support central request driven user provisioning and de-provisioning
Authentication and Authorization
- Continue program development for authentication
- Deploy authorization calls via LDAP or Web services
- Develop single sign-on support for windows AD accounts and Web-enabled applications
- Develop Identity support for federated authentication
- Deploy smart-card in phases, priority where risks are high or driven by other campus initiatives.
Identity Project and Architecture management
- Establish Identity program oversight group
- Managing evolution of identity and access management infrastructure
- Oversight for multiple-year and multiple-phase IdM project