Strategic Conceptual Business Architecture Deliverable Template
From MIKE2.0 Methodology
||This article is a stub. It is currently undergoing major changes as it is in the very early stages of development and is only a placeholder. Please help improve MIKE2.0 by adding to this article.
|This deliverable template is used to describe a sample of the MIKE2.0 Methodology (typically at a task level). More templates are now being added to MIKE2.0 as this has been a frequently requested aspect of the methodology. Contributors are strongly encouraged to assist in this effort.
|Deliverable templates are illustrative as opposed to fully representative. Please help add examples to this template that are representative of the proposed output.
Future-State Business Architecture provides new alternative strategies for accomplishing the organisation's business vision. It considers current business processes, resources, cultural impact, and constraints. These new business models may require in new processes and supporting information or they may result in changes to existing processes or improvements to information.
Example for a Conceptual Business Architecture
Current state Business Architecture:
- Organization structures forced by systems infrastructures
- Silo’d operations and limited access/interaction paths across them
- Independent, non shared processes
- Process duplication and multiplication
- Batch processing environment
- Difficult development and release environment
- Long training cycles
- Limited workflow and decision automation
Future Business Architecture Vision:
- Enable significantly lower unit costs
- Build a scaleable organization
- Reduce complexity in processing business
- Maximize common processes
- Provide greater flexibility to change processes based on market changes
- Increase operational efficiency while decreasing opportunity for error
- Link IT initiatives to business process requirement
- Provide the ability to modify the business processes
- Allow for a unified view of customer information
- Provide access to and analysis of valuable data