What is MIKE2.0
From MIKE2.0 Methodology
Method for an Integrated Knowledge Environment (MIKE2.0) is an open source delivery framework for Enterprise Information Management. It provides a comprehensive methodology (871 significant articles so far) that can be applied across a number of different projects within the Information Management space. While initially focused around structured data, the goal of MIKE2.0 is to provide a comprehensive methodology for any type of Information Development. Information Development is about:
- Driving an overall approach through an organization's Information Strategy
- Enabling people with the right skills to build and manage new information systems while creating a culture of information excellence
- Moving to a new organisational model that delivers an improved information management competency
- Improving processes around information compliance, policies, practices and measurement
- Delivering contemporary technology solutions that meet the needs of highly federated organizations
MIKE2.0 is a comprehensive set of IM Solutions...
delivered in 5 Phases from Strategy to Operate...
with a detailed Usage Model...
based on the SAFE Architecture...
managed by Information Governance...
- A Wiki to collaboratively create and share content (based on MediaWiki which powers Wikipedia, the world's largest Wiki).
- A Blogs to publish individual or group-based information (based on Wordpress, the world's most popular blogging platform).
- Forums to support questions and answers (Q&A) on IM topics (based on phpBB, the most widely used open source forums solution).
- Search for users to discover content across federated repositories.
- Rich User Interface with advanced navigational components, an integrated skin and single sign on to provide common look and feel across the platform.
providing free Assets and Accelerators...
to benefit the Industry...
- Provides a common language for customers, software vendors, hardware vendors and service providers
- Creates an Information Management standard that reduces risk and cost of delivering IM projects for customers, vendors and service providers
- Improves the quality and effectiveness of IM projects by incorporating best practices
- Promotes re-use of proven approaches, solutions and tools
- Establishes a long term vision of improving Information Management
- Learn about key IM approaches, terms, frameworks, solutions
- Download and use deliverable templates
- Double-check and close gaps in your IM implementation
- Ask IM experts questions in MIKE2.0 forums
- Download omCollab for free to run your own collaboration platform or to integrate with MIKE2.0
which has been implemented many times.
Shown below are recent case studies where MIKE2.0 has been used:
Add your own by editing the page!