Working prototype that can identify data quality issues from integrating multiple producers Deliverable Template
From MIKE2.0 Methodology
||This article is a stub. It is currently undergoing major changes as it is in the very early stages of development and is only a placeholder. Please help improve MIKE2.0 by adding to this article.
|This deliverable template is used to describe a sample of the MIKE2.0 Methodology (typically at a task level). More templates are now being added to MIKE2.0 as this has been a frequently requested aspect of the methodology. Contributors are strongly encouraged to assist in this effort.
|Deliverable templates are illustrative as opposed to fully representative. Please help add examples to this template that are representative of the proposed output.
The Working prototype that can identify data quality issues from integrating multiple producers deliverable builds on the prior task, but is now focused on being able to trace the resolution of data quality issues, whether they are done manually or in an automated fashion. It will test how the process of identifying data quality issues in the integrated data store that are then be resolved will work within the system, prototyping areas such as:
- An orphan record was initially identified but it is now possible to link the child record to the proper parent
- Extending the integrated data store with an associative entity to be able to resolve data quality issues.
- Including a scenario where an audit table is created to track changing attributes that are critical to the integrated data store to the point that is required to guarantee delivery of data to consumers.
- A scenario where a producer system has changed and there are major data problems from the source system. In this event, data will not be propagated into the integrated data store.
- Testing how changes in data quality result-sets will be communicated out to consumers.
In summary, this task will test complex issues around identification and resolution of data quality issues that arise during integration.
Listed below are example Working prototypes that can identify data quality issues from integrating multiple producers: